CEW Women’s Leadership Awards Celebrate Industry Leaders
Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) celebrated women and achievement in its 2021 edition Women’s Leadership Award held virtually on September 9, 2021.
The virtual event brought together the recipients of the 2021 Achiever Awards, the most accomplished female beauty executives and the 2021 Emerging Leaders, the industry’s next generation leadership.
Fifteen women leaders for their performance and footprint in the beauty industry, as well as one man, honored for setting the best example in providing women with career advancement and opportunities. Meredith was the godmother.
- Madonna Badger, founder of Badger & Winters, received the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Stéphane Rinderknech, Chairman and CEO of L’Oréal, received the Corporate Empowerment for Women Award.
See the other winners and participants listed below.
Carlotta Jacobson, President, AI, comments:
“For over 70 years, CEW has helped inspire women in the beauty industry to succeed – while reinforcing the importance of recognition and opportunity for female leadership. Without women, this business would not exist, and it is now more important than ever to strengthen the valuable contributions of women leaders. We are delighted to host this event, honoring the amazing women who embody a passion for the beauty industry and its broader mission of empowering and improving people’s lives. “
IA 2021 Achievement Award Recipients
- Monica Arnuado, Marketing Director, Ulta Beauty
- Gail Boyé, Senior Vice President, Product Development, bareMinerals and Business Innovation and Marketing, Shiseido
- Lela Coffey, Vice President, NA Hair Care Multicultural Beauty, P&G Beauty
- Cara Sabin, CEO, Sundial Brands
- Lisa Sequino, cosmetic director
- Holly Thaggard, Founder, Supergoop!
- JuE Wong, CEO, Olaplex
2021 Emerging Leaders Recipients
- Muffy Clinc, Director of Emerging Brands, Ulta Beauty
- Monique Davis, Vice-President, Local and Cultural Innovation, Estée Lauder Companies
- Erin Goldson, Brand Manager, Dove Masterbrand Engagement and Hair Innovation, Unilever
- Cara Kamenev, VP Brand Engagement, L’Oréal Paris
- Linette Kim, Vice President of Consumer Engagement, Bliss
- Ashley Kuhn, PhD, Director, Responsible Sourcing, Global Beauty Purchasing, P&G Beauty
Presented by Kelly Vanasse, Senior Vice President, P&G Beauty Communications
- Jennifer Lucchese, Vice President, Haircare Merchandising, Sephora
Presented by Monica Arnaudo, Head of Marketing, Ulta Beauty
Presented by Susan Akkad, Senior Vice President, Local and Cultural Innovation, Estée Lauder Companies
Presented by Esi Eggleston Bracey, COO, EVP Beauty & Personal Care, Unilever North America
Presented by Ali Goldstein, Brand President, L’Oréal Paris USA
Presented by Alicia Yoon, Founder, Peach & Lily
Presented by JuE Wong, CEO, Olaplex
Other attendees included Laura Brown of InStyle, Nora Tobin of Marriott International Luxury Brands, Julia Haart of Elite World Group and other thought leaders in the beauty industry.
Past Fellows, Fellows and Executives participated in a networking and knowledge session, sharing valuable information about their unique journeys to success with members and participants in one-on-one sessions and networking roundtables.
The hard-hitting and inspiring stories of the Achievers were also told through a ‘mission’ video, created in partnership with Linda Wells and Nathan Byrne of Moss Studios.
Sponsors for the event included Meredith, 24 Seven, P&G Beauty, Coty, Tula Skincare, Tarte, Unilever, Nordstrom, RéVive, Harris Williams, Drunk Elephant, QVC, SuperOrdinary, Sephora, Colourpop, Target, Too Faced, Badgers & Winters , Advent International, Bluemercury, Cosmetica, Premium Beauty at Amazon, Forma, Benefit, Deciem, Gotha Cosmetics, kdc / one, Peach & Lily, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, Marina Maher Communications, Beauty Inc, Fairfield Media Group, Consultancy Media, RPG, Elite World Group, Kaplow Communications, MOSS.