Marriage and House Registration Bill Demonstrate Women’s Empowerment, PM Modi Says | Best quotes | Latest India News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday launched several initiatives in Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh for the well-being of girls and women in the state linked to the poll.
The initiatives include the online transfer of ??1000 crore in the 1.60 lakh bank accounts of women’s self-help groups (SHG) and transfer ??20 crore to more than 1 lakh beneficiaries under the Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala program.
Modi also laid the foundation stones for 202 take-out ration stores, known as nutritional supplement manufacturing units, in 43 districts across the state. These units will be built at a cost of approximately ??1 crore per unit and are financed by the SHGs.
Addressing a massive gathering of women in attendance, the prime minister said the work being done to empower women in the UP is being seen across the country. The event was attended by Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath and his deputy Keshav Prasad Maurya, among others.
Here’s what Modi said at the Prayagraj event:
1. I greet the holy land of Prayagraj, which is located at the confluence of the Ganges, Yamuna and Saraswati, with my head bowed. For hundreds of years, Prayagraj has been a symbol of nari shakti.
2. Before going on stage, I spoke with women from various social assistance schemes, they shared discussions about self-confidence. The work for women’s empowerment done in UP is observed by the country.
3. (The) government of the UP has entrusted responsibility for transactions worth ??75,000 crore on the shoulders of our mothers and sisters… the better they perform, the higher their income will be.
4. Most of the houses allotted under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana are registered in the name of women. In UP, 30 lakhs of houses have been allocated and 25 lakhs of them are in the name of women.
5. The twin-engine government (ruling BJP in State and Center) has constantly strived to improve the lives of women.
6. When we set out to move the country forward, we set out to uplift the women of the country and developed projects that would help them from birth to become financially self-sufficient.
7. Although women have been respected in our culture, for decades land and property have been held in the name of men only… But my government is now in the process of removing this anomaly.
8. In homes where women for generations had no property in their name, have the whole house in their name [now]. This is a real empowerment of women.
9. Efforts are being made to raise the age of marriage for girls to 21 years. The country is making this decision for its daughters.
10. UP had a mafia raj and criminals had a say in government, which made women suffer. It was difficult for them to roam the roads. They (the women) could do nothing because often powerful people pressured the officials. However, now the UP criminals are in jail. [Now], UP is safe and full of hope and opportunity.