MOL adheres to the Seven UN Principles on Women’s Empowerment
Mitsui OSK Lines, Ltd. announced its adherence to the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) and signed a declaration to act in accordance with these principles. WEPs are principles of action for her active work for the advancement of women, jointly developed by the United Nations Global Compact and the United Nations Development Fund for Women (now UN Women) in March 2010.
OL Group positions diversity and inclusion, including the promotion of women’s participation, as a “new engine of growth” and places it at the heart of its human resources strategy, creating a framework that enables the creation of a new value by combining the diversity of personalities. and capabilities of every employee worldwide. By upholding the seven principles of WEPs, the group will continue to communicate and create a culture of diversity and inclusion in Japan and abroad so that every employee can maximize their potential and achieve our corporate philosophy, “Oceans blues, we support people’s lives and ensure a prosperous future.
WEP 7 Principles
Seven principles for companies to place gender equality at the heart of their management and voluntarily address this issue
- Principle 1: Build high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Principle 2: Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and non-discrimination
- Principle 3: Guarantee the health, safety and well-being of all workers, women and men
- Principle 4: Promote the education, training and professional development of women
- Principle 5: Implement business development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Principle 6: Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
- Principle 7: Measure and report publicly on progress towards achieving gender equality
MOL Group will contribute to the realization of a sustainable society by promoting responses to sustainability issues, which are identified as social issues that need to be addressed as priorities through its activities.
We anticipate that this initiative will contribute in particular to the realization of “Human & Community – Contributing to the growth and development of people and communities
..the company said.