TOP Budget 2022-23 | 4 Lakh Jobs, Women’s Empowerment and More: Key Takeaways from CM Yogi’s Rs 6.15 Lakh Crore Budget
lucknow | Jagran Press Office: Almost two years after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) returned to power in Uttar Pradesh for a second consecutive term, the government of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath presented the state budget worth Rs 6, 15 lakh crore for the financial year 2022-23 to the 403-member legislature. .
The budget, presented by the state finance minister, Suresh Kumar, is Uttar Pradesh’s biggest budget to date. Last year, the Adityanath government presented a budget of Rs 5.50 lakh crore.
Adityanath hailed the budget, saying it meets the aspirations of the people of the state and aligns with the government’s vision for the next five years. He said the budget will ensure the overall development of Uttar Pradesh and lay out a roadmap for a bright future.
“This budget is also a vision for the next five years that will pave the way for a bright future, as well as inclusive and holistic development of the state,” Adityanath was quoted as saying by PTI news agency. “Of the 130 resolutions in the manifesto, 97 have been supported in this first budget itself, and a provision of Rs 54,883 crore has been made for this purpose.”
What are the main highlights of the Uttar Pradesh budget for the financial year 2022-23:
– The government of Uttar Pradesh has presented a budget of Rs 6,15,518.97 crore for the financial year 2022-23, which includes a provision of Rs 39,181.10 crore for new schemes.
– Out of this amount, Rs 276.66 crore has been proposed for Uttar Pradesh special security force which will protest at courts and historical and religious places.
– Rs 730.88 crore, meanwhile, has been offered for the second phase of the 112 scheme under the police emergency management system.
– The state government will also set up district-level cyber helplines for women’s safety. For this, the budget makes a provision of Rs 72.50 crore.
– Rs 20 crore, meanwhile, has been offered for women’s safety and empowerment and skills development under the Mission Shakti program in the micro and small industries sector.
– For farmers, the government of Uttar Pradesh has come up with a huge budget of Rs 650 crore. Farmers will also receive 60.20 lakh quintals of seed.
– The state government will also install 15,000 solar pumps under this budget. 119.30 lakh metric tons of fertilizer will also be distributed under the Uttar Pradesh budget 2022-23.
— The government has also offered Rs 1,000 crore for the chief minister’s minor irrigation scheme.
– For Swami Vivekanand Youth Empowerment Scheme, Rs 1,500 crore has been proposed in the budget.
– Government of Uttar Pradesh under UP Startup Policy-2020 will also establish 100 incubators and 10,000 startups in the next five years.
– Chief Minister Abhyudaya Yojana with a provision of Rs 30 crore will also be extended to all districts.
– A provision of Rs 10 crore is proposed to provide financial assistance to young lawyers for the purchase of books and magazines for the first three years of employment.
– A provision of Rs 95 crore has also been offered for the purchase of land for the establishment of the international cricket stadium in Varanasi district.
– The state government will also employ 16,000 people by creating 800 units under the Village Industries Employment Scheme.
Posted by: Aalok Sensharma